[tdwg-content] Comments on Cam's RDF practical details of recording a determination What is an Occurrence? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Nov 3 06:15:52 CET 2010

This is mostly over my head, but I do have a more general question along
these lines:

To what extent are we likely to be implementing substantive machine
reasoning for Agents within the context of biodiversity informatics?  I can
see some value in terms of de-duplication of literature citations, and maybe
a few other things here and there such as copyright ownership.  But I take
the absence of an Agent class within DwC as an indication that our community
does not have as much a need for semantic reasoning for Agents (compared to,
say, taxa and localities, among others).

If I'm missing something here, I'd very much like to be informed.

Aloha,
Rich

  _____