[tdwg-tag] [Lgtg] Re LSID-GUID

Éamonn Ó Tuama eotuama at gbif.org
Mon Nov 16 09:23:12 CET 2009

Dear Peter,

The call to participate in the LGTG was open to everyone but, unfortunately,
for reasons already given to you and because of the need to limit numbers to
create a functional and effective work group, and to be able to cover travel
costs, the maximum number that could actually participate in the workshop
was limited. We sought to get the inputs of those individuals who expressed
interest but were not selected for the core task group through comments on
drafts of the report and all your emails, along with those from others, were
shared with the group. There was no intent to exclude any significant work –
the final report was not meant to be an exhaustive literature review of the
current state of the field – it needed to be kept concise – but I support
Kevin’s response (attached) and would be happy to see a reference to
GeoSpecies in the linked data section.

I think there will be plenty of opportunities for your contributions as we
move forward. The plan is to create a web site for the report with facility
to comment and suggest additional materials. Expansion on some of the
briefly mentioned use cases in the report is one area, for example, that
needs amplification.

Best regards,

Éamonn