[Tdwg-guid] resolving deleted records [ Scanned for viruses ]

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Tue Oct 3 20:04:31 CEST 2006

Forgive my ignorance again, but am I correct that dc: in this context
refers to a namespace.  Is that namespace Dublin Core, Darwin Core, or
other?  I can't find "isReplacedBy" in Dublin Core.

Are you using "isReplacedBy" as an RDF predicate?

How would the specific definition of "isReplacedBy" be recorded?  Is
there going to be a TDWG TAG discussion about controlled vocabulary/
namespace for predicates as well as objects?  I can see predicates all
over the UML diagrams at the Ontology WIKI, but I don't see them listed
anywhere with definitions?

Just looking at the CoreOntology UML diagram
http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/CoreOntology there are many,
many predicates:
hastate
hasValue
inUnits
onProperty
aboutStructure
hasElements
describedBy
description
type
typifiedBy
typificationOf
by
from

and many, many more.  How will we arrive at the unambiguous meaning of
these predicates?  Is there a working group for this?

Thanks,
Chuck