[Tdwg-tag] UML to RDF?

Bob Morris ram at cs.umb.edu
Fri Mar 31 04:21:47 CEST 2006

http://w3.antd.nist.gov/pubs/quirolgico-wise2004.pdf
Slightly special, but explores the issues of mapping UML to SW
technologies. Predates UML2 which is probably a better fit

    http://www.sandsoft.com/edoc2004/ChangODMDesignMDSW.pdf
Insights about ontology metamodeling from the authors of  the OMG
proposal http://www.omg.org/docs/ad/05-09-08.pdf I mentioned in an
earlier post. One point quite consistent with observations Roger,
Donald, and Steve have made:
    "In addition, ontology development must be accomplished
    within the context of a business need, and should be
    grounded in requirements relevant to a particular software
    development activity, or set of activities, to be of practical
    use in most business settings. That is, the ontologies that an
    enterprise develops must form an integral part of that
    enterprise’s information and application infrastructure."

http://www.sfu.ca/~dgasevic/Tutorials/ISWC2005/
"MDA Standards for Ontology Development" including handouts from the
tutorial