AW: [PyWrapper-devel] [tdwg-tapir] RE: WG: tapir: capabilities

"Döring, Markus" m.doering at BGBM.org
Tue Jul 18 10:41:03 CEST 2006

John,
all changes going on with TAPIR right now are really only changes in terminology or removing inconsistencies we did not detect before we started the documentation and final implementation.

But nevertheless I would support your request. Especially from the implementation side of view this is a trivial change to the code. So why dont add it? Just some additional thoughts:

- Ive added a "simulation" mode already to my code where no SQL gets executed but just logged. So you can test configurations without risking sending off killer statements. Thats similar to logOnly I guess, returning nothing but diagnostics. What would you suggest to be returned for a logOnly request? just the empty TAPIR envelope? Nothing? <OK>?

- would this log-only request not be needed for all requests? at least for inventories? So it would be easiest to have a new logOnly parameter in the header or "request element" just after the header? something like <search logOnly="true">

-- Markus