[tdwg-tapir] AW: [PyWrapper-devel] WG: tapir: capabilities

"Döring, Markus" m.doering at BGBM.org
Tue Jul 18 10:32:11 CEST 2006

yes and no.
sure you need a template for views. but do we force providers to register supported templates? If an implementation can handle dynamic models, it surely can handle "dynamic" templates. And even if a providers says I only understand those 4 models, all query templates based on those 4 models should be easy to be processed. So dynamic/static models are important for views as well, cause templates are based on them.

But if the intention of views was/is for TapirLite only, then registered lists of templates are needed and dynamic templates dont make too much sense. And searches and inventories without templates could always also be called through their respective GET versions as well. So yes, an implementation could process "dynamic" templates, but maybe we just dont need them.

Then again if providers need to configure supported templates, all installations would be different - unless the implementation can handle "dynamic" templates and just retrieves all available query templates for their supported models from a central service and registers them automatically for the provider.

-- Markus