[tdwg-tapir] TAPIR open issues

Donald Hobern dhobern at gbif.org
Tue Nov 29 14:19:39 CET 2005

Markus,

My quick answers.  I don't think we need parameterisable inventories as
such, but it would be nice just to have a quick (GET) form for retrieving a
scan result for a single concept (or I suppose a comma-separated series of
concepts).  I think that adding this for inventory/scan ought to be pretty
simple and it certainly would be a valuable part of a complete TaxonAPI to
be able to start by asking "What taxon names do you include?".

I'd be quite happy for us to declare services simply as Lite or Full,
provided we can make sure we agree on what Lite includes.

Thanks,

Donald

Donald Hobern (dhobern at gbif.org)
Programme Officer for Data Access and Database Interoperability
Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45-35321483   Mobile: +45-28751483   Fax: +45-35321480