[Tdwg-phylo] Publishing a trees in RDF

Arlin Stoltzfus arlin at umd.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:06:06 CEST 2010

This discussion doesn't really belong here, but I'm not sure where
else it belongs, and I sure would hate to stop, because its
interesting and valuable.

Hilmar, are you referring to various quick-and-dirty BioPerl modules,
for instance, as cases in which software that ended up being reusable
started out as part of a reusable software package?  Are there other
kinds of contexts where this would work?  How could we get different
developers working on the same architecture, building a shared
foundation but creating different solutions from it?

One idea used in nexplorer3 (and in some other viewers) is a Model-
View-Controller design pattern that separates the business logic from
the user interface.

It seems to me that ATV has been pretty successful. I've seen half a
dozen sites that use it (that's a success by my standards).

Arlin