Correct term for collating/summarizing/consolidating/inferring from below

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Mar 11 18:38:06 CET 2003

(While I am still working on the Paris minutes and related documents,
I would like to raise a minor point:)

What term should we use for the process of inferring and collecting
information from multiple descriptions into a generated description?
Bob raised the point that "collation" may be inappropriate or
misleading.

Please take a look at:

http://160.45.63.11/Projects/TDWG-
SDD/Docs/SDD_P_InferenceCorrectTerm.html

and send your comments to the list!

thanks, Gregor
Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!