[tdwg-tag] Audubon Core namespace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul Murray pmurray at anbg.gov.au
Mon Nov 29 01:18:23 CET 2010

On 28/11/2010, at 4:46 AM, Bob Morris wrote:

> Let's settle this. I think http://abnc.tdwg.org works and is easy to
> associate with Audubon Core. In my opinion:
> - ac is too short and not evocative
> - adbc has too much baggage in the U.S.  because of the NSF
> digitization effort
> http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503559&org=&from_org=NSF
> - adbnc is too long, though a close second for me
> - audc is possible but more evocative of audio than audubon

The other approach would be to name it after its subject mater. If Audubon Core concerns itself with ecology, then eco.tdwg.org would work.

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.