[tdwg-tag] Audubon Core namespace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Gail E. Kampmeier gkamp at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 29 04:12:21 CET 2010

The reason behind choosing the name Audubon Core was not just the subject matter (eco covers just
about everything we do with biodiversity), but  it salutes a very famous and prolific illustrator and
publicizer of natural history illustrations.  The thought followed the tribute to Darwin in the Darwin Core.
The name Audubon should pop up prominently and provide the opportunity for a nice story in tribute for
this standard for sharing "biodiversity multimedia resources and collections."

Gail