[tdwg-guid] Handle System considered not interoperable withstandard WWW and SW applications

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Wed Jun 6 17:03:34 CEST 2007

Donald,

I agree with you that the most important thing right now is getting
something working and stop debating.  Perfection being the enemy of the
good and all that.  There are new projects in the works that will be
forced to go their own way if TDWG doesn't choose a standard, if they
have not already. The worst thing of all would be to wind up with no
interoperability because we couldn't stop debating.

If LSID is to continue to be the path forward and it is accepted as a
standard by the TDWG acceptance process, then I am back to my original
appeal:

We need a clear, specific, unambiguous, usable definition of what an
LSID is - that is, data, metadata, data+metadata, etc.  Perhaps we could
make "The Bratislava Declaration" or something that would be a decision,
in writing and could be referred to anytime the "LSID isn't" debate
starts up again.

Chuck

Chuck Miller

VP-IT & CIO