Index Fungorum LSID server

Roger Hyam roger at TDWG.ORG
Thu Apr 27 10:12:27 CEST 2006

Hi Bob,

I don't fully understand them. I don't think they are germane to the
exchange. I would imagine that initial shared ontologies would not make
such assertions but the consumers of data would be free to make them
locally - if they understood them. If they are in shared ontologies the
consumers who don't understand them are free to ignore them.

This fits with the ontology management concept of agreeing simple things
first.

Roger

--

-------------------------------------
 roger at tdwg.org
 +44 1578 722782
-------------------------------------

--------------000705030303020001040902

<head>
</head>
Hi Bob,<br>
I don't fully understand them. I don't think they are germane to the
exchange. I would imagine that initial shared ontologies would not make
such assertions but the consumers of data would be free to make them
locally - if they understood them. If they are in shared ontologies the
consumers who don't understand them are free to ignore them.<br>
This fits with the ontology management concept of agreeing simple
things first.<br>
Roger<br>
Bob Morris wrote:
 cite="mid16957b040604261417h1b880fa7g5858c34c9ecceb3d at mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">There are some restrictions on the use of inverseOf if one
desires to remain within OWL-DL. I don't understand them.<br>
1. Is there someone reading this who does, and can explain whether they
are germaine to this exchange?
2. Is it determined that an infrastructure constrained to OWL-DL is or
is not important? [If it is so determined, could someone please point
me at the discussion record?]<br>
Bob<br>
 class="gmail_sendername">Roderic Page</b> &lt;<a
 href="mailto:r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk</a>&gt;
wrote:</span>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Maybe
I'm missing something, but isn't the point of inverseOf that we<br>
don't have to include the link, if follows from the property? Hence, if<br>
I say specimen x is a part of a taxon concept TC, then it follows that<br>
TC includes x, but I don't need an actual triple saying that.<br>
Hence, surely the point of ontologies is to free us from making the<br>
direct link? I've only advocated making the link within metadata for a<br>
single provider so we can do something without relying on ontologies at
this stage.<br>
In terms of the cost of adding triples, I don't think it will&nbsp;&nbsp;be too<br>
large overall. For example if we have reciprocal links between<br>
specimens and taxa within a source database (i.e., actual triples), I
suspect it won't add too much -- some taxa will have lots of specimens,<br>
but most will have very few (a power law kind of thing)..<br>
A good example of this is NCBI, where each sequence may have a link to<br>
the PubMed record for the paper in which they were published, and each
PubMed record may list all the sequences published in that paper.<br>
Given that the community hasn't actually built much yet, I'm not<br>
worried about "splits". Let's make some stuff and see what happens --
"suck it and see" is my maxim.<br>
Rod<br>
On 25 Apr 2006, at 09:35, Roger Hyam wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi Rod,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; (Here I have switched from using reciprocal - which is confusing to<br>
&gt; using the OWL terminology)
&gt;<br>
&gt; I think my point is where do we draw the line in developing
workable<br>
&gt; ontologies. What rules do we have as to formally defined
relationships?<br>
&gt; Some properties should have inverseOf<br>
&gt; (
    <a
 href="http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#inverseOf"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/#inverseOf</a>)<br>
&gt; properties
&gt; and some properties should not - but how do we decide which is
which?
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unless we have rules to apply then every time we want to create a
new<br>
&gt; relationship the community will split over whether the inverseOf<br>
&gt; property should be defined or not.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Any suggestions as to what the rules should be?
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Roger<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Roderic Page wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; On 24 Apr 2006, at 16:42, Roger Hyam wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;The isBasionymOf property is an interesting one. This
does not exist
&gt;&gt;&gt; in the current vocabulary because it is based on the
schema version<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; of TCS. The thinking in TCS went that a name that is a
basionym does<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; not 'know' that it is a basionym and therefore it would be
wrong to
&gt;&gt;&gt; model this as a property of the object. There are many
places where<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; this might be an issue. Does a specimen know that it is
the type of a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; name? Without the name it isn't a type.
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; What about the relationship? From my perspective, it's useful
to know<br>
&gt;&gt; that the original name for Eutypella ventricosa is Valsa
ventricosa,<br>
&gt;&gt; and this is what I model using the predicate "hasBasionym". So
it's a
&gt;&gt; relationship, not a property of an object.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;If you called an LSID for a specimen would you expect to
be told<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; that the specimen was the type of a name?&nbsp;&nbsp;If we use
Concise Bounded
&gt;&gt;&gt; Descriptions ( <a
 href="http://swdev.nokia.com/uriqa/CBD.html" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://swdev.nokia.com/uriqa/CBD.html</a>)
then we won't<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; know unless there is a triple with a subject of the
specimen and an
&gt;&gt;&gt; object of the name (i.e. we have an isTypeSpecimenOf
property or<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; similar). But logically where does this stop? We can't add
reciprocal<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; properties to the object definition for everything that
anyone may
&gt;&gt;&gt; say of it. If I define a taxon with a list of specimens I
wouldn't<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; expect all the specimens to have reciprocal
includedInTaxonConcept<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; links back to my object. It would be impossible in an open
system
&gt;&gt;&gt; where some one else may own the record.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; No, we don't want reciprocal record for everything, but there
are<br>
&gt;&gt; cases where it is useful, especially WITHIN a single source.
For
&gt;&gt; example, if I have access to all of IndexFungorum then I can
run a<br>
&gt;&gt; query that discovers all the names for which Valsa ventricosa
is the<br>
&gt;&gt; basionym. But if I don't have a copy of IndexFungorum, and I'm
relying
&gt;&gt; on the metadata attached to a LSID, then if the metadata for
Valsa<br>
&gt;&gt; ventricosa has "isBasionnymOf" tags connecting it to all names
for<br>
&gt;&gt; which it is a basionym, I can discover those names. More
importantly,
&gt;&gt; I can infer whether two names are synonyms (e.g., if two names
share<br>
&gt;&gt; Valsa ventricosa as a basionym, then those names are synonyms).<br>
&gt;&gt; Without this, I'm stuck. I think what we need to consider is
whether
&gt;&gt; two names that are synonyms (or whatever relationship we are<br>
&gt;&gt; interested in) are "reachable", that is given the metadata for
the<br>
&gt;&gt; names we can go from name A to B and visa versa. This is
related to
&gt;&gt; the concept of a "scutter" :<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; "a scutter is simply a computer program that loads, parses,
interprets<br>
&gt;&gt; and acts upon the contents of a Web of interconnected RDF/XML
&gt;&gt; documents. In this sense it is just a Semantic Web variant on
the old<br>
&gt;&gt; theme of distributed Web indexing, sometimes called a
'harvester',<br>
&gt;&gt; 'spider', or 'robot'. The links between RDF documents are
usually, but
&gt;&gt; not necessarily, expressed using RDF's 'rdfs:seeAlso'
property." (see<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="http://rdfweb.org/topic/Scutter" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://rdfweb.org/topic/Scutter
    </a>)<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; So, I think we gain a lot of power if our metadata is
sufficiently
&gt;&gt; linked to support a scutter. For example, given metadata for a
PubMed<br>
&gt;&gt; publication, we could get to sequences, via that to taxa
(including<br>
&gt;&gt; names in numerous databases via LinkOut), to specimens, and so
on, all
&gt;&gt; via metadata. Indeed, one could let a scutter loose and
aggregate data<br>
&gt;&gt; a la Google -- who needs GBIF anyway ;-).<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; In fact, this would be a cool challenge. Start a scutter and
see what
&gt;&gt; can be retrieved.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am thinking aloud here but we have to be very careful
in adding<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; things to vocabularies - even when they seem really useful.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Ultimately if a client wants to know everything about a
object that a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; data source has it will have to ask the "Give me all the
things that<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; refer to X" question. Either that or we have to guarantee
that all
&gt;&gt;&gt; links are always reciprocal - which we can't.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; No, you don't have to guarantee links are reciprocal, but you
do want<br>
&gt;&gt; some degree of reachability -- that I can get from one object
&gt;&gt; another. If we aggregate everything into one central
repository (a la<br>
&gt;&gt; Google indexing the web) then this isn't an issue, but it is
if we<br>
&gt;&gt; don't. I agree that for some things we don't want to have
reciprocal
&gt;&gt; links -- but I'd suggest we'd need to think seriously about
supporting<br>
&gt;&gt; basic search. As you point out, we need&nbsp;&nbsp;to support the "Give
me all<br>
&gt;&gt; the things that refer to X" question.
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Ultimately, I think we can't ignore search, or perhaps more
generally<br>
&gt;&gt; "finability" (which depends on things being linked). See the
wonderful<br>
&gt;&gt; book "Ambient Findability" by Peter Morville
&gt;&gt; (<a href="http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ambient/"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ambient/</a>).
If we don't make our stuff<br>
&gt;&gt; findable, we are wasting our time.
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Rod<br>
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;On the other hand things that are in people's data bases
that are<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; easy to pass should perhaps be represented in an ontology
- if they<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; are useful.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Well done for another LSID authority Kevin.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;All the best,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Roger<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Kevin Richards wrote:Thanks for those comments Rod.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; As you have seen this is an initial attempt.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The syntax<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;TaxonNames:hasBasionym&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;rdf:Description<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
rdf:about="urn:lsid:indexfungorum.org:Names:148860" /&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/TaxonNames:hasBasionym&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; strikes me as odd.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; This is due to an accidental omission of the RDF
entity type of the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; basionym object.&nbsp;&nbsp;Will fix this.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I also suggest that
urn:lsid:indexfungorum.org:Names:148860 has a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; complementary tag such as<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;TaxonNames:isBasionymOf rdf:resource
=
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; "urn:lsid:indexfungorum.org:Names: 213649"
/&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Godd idea.&nbsp;&nbsp;The fields are based on the initial
implementation of<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; TCS-RDF that Roger completed, and as he said, it is
not a complete
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; schema at this stage.&nbsp;&nbsp;BTW the reverse RDF pointers
can be viewed<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; using<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; launchpad by going into the launchpad settings and
turning on 'Show<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; back
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; links'.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The attribute<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; TaxonNames:nomenclaturalCode="<a
 href="http://tdwg.org/2006/03/12/" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://tdwg.org/2006/03/12/</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; TaxonNames/<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; NomenclaturalCode/#botanical" of the tag
&lt;TaxonNames:TaxonName&gt; is<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; problematic. Firstly, I don't know why this is
an attribute rather
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; than<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; just another tag,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Due to my lack of understanding of RDF and when to use
attributes as
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; opposed to tags - I was blindly following an example.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; and the URI<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a
 href="http://tdwg.org/2006/03/12/TaxonNames/NomenclaturalCode/#botanical"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://tdwg.org/2006/03/12/TaxonNames/NomenclaturalCode/#botanical</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; returns a 404. If this is just a made up URI
then this is bad --<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; EVERY<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; URI in an RDF document must be real -- unlike
XML schema where any<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; old<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; rubbish can be used.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Also due to the prototyping stage of this
'project'.&nbsp;&nbsp;Will be fixed<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; by<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; online TDWG ontologies at some stage I assume?<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt;TaxonNames:publishedIn&gt;&lt;i&gt;Syll. fung.&lt;/i&gt; (Abellini)<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;b&gt;1&lt;/b&gt;: 148 (1882)
(1882)&lt;/TaxonNames:publishedIn&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; has formatting information (the
&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt; and &lt;b&gt;&lt;/b&gt; tags). I think<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; this<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; is in principle a bad thing(TM)
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; We debated this a little and decided to leave the
field text the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; same as<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; has been returned by other services of
IndexFungorum.&nbsp;&nbsp;But you have
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; good point and it is something we will need to discuss
further in<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; future.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Kevin<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ++++++++<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; WARNING: This email and any attachments may be
confidential and/or<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; privileged. They are intended for the addressee only
and are not to
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; be read,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; used, copied or disseminated by anyone receiving them
in error.&nbsp;&nbsp;If<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; you are<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by return email
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; and<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; delete this message and any attachments.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The views expressed in this email are those of the
sender and do not<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; necessarily reflect the official views of Landcare
Research.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Landcare Research<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz
    </a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ++++++++<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; -------------------------------------<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Roger Hyam
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Technical Architect<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Taxonomic Databases Working Group<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; -------------------------------------<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.tdwg.org" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://www.tdwg.org</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">roger at tdwg.org</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;+44 1578 722782<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; -------------------------------------<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; ------------------------------------------<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Professor Roderic D. M. Page<br>
&gt;&gt; Editor, Systematic Biology<br>
&gt;&gt; DEEB, IBLS<br>
&gt;&gt; Graham Kerr Building<br>
&gt;&gt; University of Glasgow
&gt;&gt; Glasgow G12 8QP<br>
&gt;&gt; United Kingdom<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Phone:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;+44 141 330 4778<br>
&gt;&gt; Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;+44 141 330 2792<br>
&gt;&gt; email:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="mailto:r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
    </a><br>
&gt;&gt; web:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a
 href="http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/rod.html" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/rod.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; reprints: <a
 href="http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/pubs.html" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/pubs.html
    </a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Subscribe to Systematic Biology through the Society of
Systematic<br>
&gt;&gt; Biologists Website:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://systematicbiology.org"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://systematicbiology.org</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Search for taxon names: <a
 href="http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/%7Erpage/portal/" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/portal/</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Find out what we know about a species: <a
 href="http://ispecies.org" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://ispecies.org</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Rod's rants on phyloinformatics: <a
 href="http://iphylo.blogspot.com" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://iphylo.blogspot.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ___________________________________________________________
&gt;&gt; Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling
worldwide with
&gt;&gt; voicemail <a href="http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -------------------------------------
&gt; Roger Hyam<br>
&gt; Technical Architect
&gt; Taxonomic Databases Working Group<br>
&gt; -------------------------------------<br>
&gt; <a href="http://www.tdwg.org" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.tdwg.org</a>
&gt; <a href="mailto:roger at tdwg.org" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">roger at tdwg.org</a><br>
&gt; +44 1578 722782
&gt; -------------------------------------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
----------------------------------------<br>
Professor Roderic D. M. Page<br>
Editor, Systematic Biology
DEEB, IBLS<br>
Graham Kerr Building<br>
University of Glasgow<br>
Glasgow G12 8QP<br>
United Kingdom<br>
r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
    </a><br>
web:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/rod.html"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/rod.html</a><br>
reprints: <a href="http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/pubs.html"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/pubs.html
    </a><br>
Subscribe to Systematic Biology through the Society of Systematic<br>
Biologists Website:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://systematicbiology.org"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://systematicbiology.org
    </a><br>
Search for taxon names: <a
 href="http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/%7Erpage/portal/" target="_blank"
 onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://darwin.zoology.gla.ac.uk/~rpage/portal/</a><br>
Find out what we know about a species: <a href="http://ispecies.org"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://ispecies.org</a><br>
Rod's rants on phyloinformatics: <a href="http://iphylo.blogspot.com"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://iphylo.blogspot.com
    </a><br>
___________________________________________________________<br>
Yahoo! For Good - Sponsor a London Marathon runner - <a
 href="http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/charity/london-marathon"
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/charity/london-marathon
    </a><br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

 Roger Hyam