[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 8 Nov 2023, 12:00 UTC

Kate Ingenloff kathryn.ingenloff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:56:42 UTC 2023

Thank, Yani.

I've created new issues for the 4 value-unit terms and closed the 2 issues
for the originally proposed terms (GH issue links are in the ALA doc). I've
updated the names and comments for eventDurationValue,
protocolDescriptions, and compilationTypes.

Cheers,
Kate

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 3:35 PM Yanina Sica <yanina.sica at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Below you can find the summary of the meeting:
>
> - We decided to remove the mention of BCO for inventoryTypes
> - We decided to remove geospatialScopeAreaInSquareKilometers and
> totalAreaSampledInSquareKilometers and replace them with:
>
>    - *geospatialScopeAreaValue *
>       - Geospatial Scope Area Value
>       - The numeric value for the total area of the geospatial scope of
>       the dwc:Event.
>       - Geospatial scope refers to the dwc:Event location reported using
>       the terms organized in Darwin Core under dcterms:Location. This area is
>       always greater than or equal to the totalAreaSampledValue. An
>       eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue must have a corresponding
>       eco:geospatialScopeAreaUnit.
>    - *geospatialScopeAreaUnit *
>       - Geospatial Scope Area Unit
>       - The units associated with eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue
>       -  Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
>    - *totalAreaSampledValue *
>       - Total Area Sampled Value
>       - The numeric value for the total area surveyed during the
>       dwc:Event.
>       - This area is always less than or equal to the
>       eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue. An eco:totalAreaSampledValue must have a
>       corresponding eco:totalAreaSampledUnit.
>    - *totalAreaSampledUnit*
>       - Total Area Sampled Unit
>       - The units associated with eco:totalAreaSampledValue
>       - Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
>
> - For consistency, we decided to switch eventDuration for
> *eventDurationValue* (comments in eventDurationUnit should also change)
> *- *Regarding plurals, we decided to switch to *protocolDescriptions* and
> *compilationTypes*
>
> Updated terms and definitions can be found here (including these 4
> proposed terms):
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AbUUKDkgilbtHu9Dh_5V2dnOeQNbKBcRo4d7VEDyqOg/edit#gid=673949815
>
> Humboldt extension data templates are here (including SOME DwC terms):
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Opt-3mszACyEZDiU0yCUOnWSnRyLiK34Rxu0GBvwn-g/edit#gid=615309453
>
> Hope to see you next week!
>
> all the best,
>
> Yanina
>

> On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 2:03 PM Rob Stevenson <rdstevenson10 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All.
>> I am interested in controlled vocabularies for inventoryTypes, protocols,
>> etc.
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 9:12 AM Yanina Sica <yanina.sica at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi team,
>>>
>>> Tomorrow we are meeting at *12:00 UTC*. Search for your local time here
>>> <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20231101T120000&p1=1440&p2=83> or
>>> google it because I am quite bad at this!
>>>
>>> We need to *finish revising ALA's feedback
>>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OxJ_H5vBd9pucjdgQDa6qMaQKl4O89gf/edit>
> [...]

Kate Ingenloff, PhD
Pronouns: she/her(s)
(+45) 51 44 13 23

"When one tugs at a single thread in nature, he finds it attached to the
rest of the world." ~John Muir