[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 8 Nov 2023, 12:00 UTC

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:35:07 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Below you can find the summary of the meeting:

- We decided to remove the mention of BCO for inventoryTypes
- We decided to remove geospatialScopeAreaInSquareKilometers and
totalAreaSampledInSquareKilometers and replace them with:

   - *geospatialScopeAreaValue *
      - Geospatial Scope Area Value
      - The numeric value for the total area of the geospatial scope of the
      dwc:Event.
      - Geospatial scope refers to the dwc:Event location reported using
      the terms organized in Darwin Core under dcterms:Location. This area is
      always greater than or equal to the totalAreaSampledValue. An
      eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue must have a corresponding
      eco:geospatialScopeAreaUnit.
   - *geospatialScopeAreaUnit *
      - Geospatial Scope Area Unit
      - The units associated with eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue
      -  Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
   - *totalAreaSampledValue *
      - Total Area Sampled Value
      - The numeric value for the total area surveyed during the dwc:Event.
      - This area is always less than or equal to the
      eco:geospatialScopeAreaValue. An eco:totalAreaSampledValue must have a
      corresponding eco:totalAreaSampledUnit.
   - *totalAreaSampledUnit*
      - Total Area Sampled Unit
      - The units associated with eco:totalAreaSampledValue
      - Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.

- For consistency, we decided to switch eventDuration for
*eventDurationValue* (comments in eventDurationUnit should also change)
*- *Regarding plurals, we decided to switch to *protocolDescriptions* and
*compilationTypes*

Updated terms and definitions can be found here (including these 4 proposed
terms):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AbUUKDkgilbtHu9Dh_5V2dnOeQNbKBcRo4d7VEDyqOg/edit#gid=673949815

Humboldt extension data templates are here (including SOME DwC terms):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Opt-3mszACyEZDiU0yCUOnWSnRyLiK34Rxu0GBvwn-g/edit#gid=615309453

Hope to see you next week!

all the best,

Yanina