[tdwg-content] ITIS TSNID to uBio NamebankIDs mapping

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 20 04:46:44 CEST 2011

I have generated a csv spreadsheet of about 39 000 plant names for the
U.S. which has the ITIS TSNIDs for the names in a column.  I would like
to have the uBio Namebank IDs in another column of the table.  I have
been looking them up on the uBio website by typing in the names as I
need to know the IDs, but after doing about 300 of them, I'm getting
tired of it.  Does anybody have a clever idea of a way to get the other
38 000 Namebank IDs without looking them up.  I'm sure that it would be
possible to find this out because uBio gets names from ITIS.  However, I
haven't seen any clues about how to do it in an automated fashion.  I'm
guessing that there might be some way to use the uBio web services, but
if so, it isn't obvious and I probably don't have the skills to carry it
out anyway.

Any ideas?

VU Station B 351634

http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu