[tdwg-content] ITIS TSNID to uBio NamebankIDs mapping

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 20 06:43:31 CEST 2011

Hi Steve --

You should be able to use the uBio web services in a simple script to look
these up.  The problem will probably be that you'll get too many matches.
The web services are described here:

http://www.ubio.org/index.php?pagename=xml_services

You probably would use the namebank_search function.  Here's an example call
via URL:

http://www.ubio.org/webservices/service.php?function=namebank_search&searchName=Quercus+rubra&sci=1&vern=1&keyCode=YOUR_CODE_HERE

You'll need your own key code for accessing the service, which you can get
here:
http://www.ubio.org/index.php?pagename=form

Note that the strings returned are base64 encoded, so you'll need to decode
them before use.

Matt

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Steve Baskauf <steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu