[tdwg-content] Request for vote on proposals to add Individual as a Darwin Core class and to add the term individualRemarks as a term within that class

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Nov 4 03:49:07 CET 2010

Just a quick comment:

I think Bob's points are insightful and very much relevant to this
discussion overall. We should visit this point with some care and scrutiny,
to see if we need more terms and/or controlled vocabularies to be able to
make the sort of reasoning assumptions that Bob is touching on.

Having said that, I think the argument-of-the-moment is to what extent we
limit the scope of an aggregated Individual based on how narrowly or broadly
circumscribed the taxon assigned to the aggregate may be.  I saw, but
haven't yet read, Steve's most recent post.  Gotta run now, but I'll be
back...

Rich

  _____