[taxon-data-model] RE: [taxon-model] Taxon Data Model list now operational

Eamonn O Tuama eotuama at gbif.org
Fri May 25 17:31:19 CEST 2007

After some discussion on the TDWG convenors list we have changed what we
were originally calling "Taxon Data Model" to "Species Profile Model" to
disambiguate it from other TDWG standards. The message was that we should
keep it as clear and simple as possible and that, while we might be dealing
with taxanomic groups other than species, this latter term, rather than
"taxon", was best.

Éamonn