[taxon-data-model] RE: [taxon-model] Taxon Data Model list now operational

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Fri May 25 19:03:48 CEST 2007

SPM seems fine to me. Is it OK to call it SPaM or should it be SPoMo
or something?

So now we have a name what about a definition?

We have no way of deciding between different design options if we
don't have primary use-cases or usage scenarios nailed down.

Just like in any scientific endeavor we need testable hypotheses.

What I would suggest is that we come up with some tests to see if the
SPM is any good. We can then design SPM so it at least passes these
tests. Without setting some goal posts like these we will just go
round and round in circles.

Presumably there is stuff about discoverability of data and merging
of different species profiles.

Any offers to flesh this out?

All the best,

Roger