Plans for TDWG 2001 meeting continue

Georgina MacKenzie gmackenzie at YORK.BIOSIS.ORG
Mon Oct 1 10:23:00 CEST 2001

Plans for the 2001 TDWG meeting on Sydney continue to be
made, although some of the associated meetings have been
postponed. Some details from Karen Wilson, the local organiser
follow:

BIODIVERSITY KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT FORUM - Sydney,
November 2001

We have had to change some of our plans for the Biodiversity
Knowledge Management Forum here in Sydney in early November,
unfortunately, because of the recent horrific events elsewhere. The
Catalogue of Life workshop and Species 2000 meetings have been
postponed, tentatively to early March 2002, in the week before the
GBIF meetings in Canberra. However, support has been strong for
us to continue with other parts of the BioForum in November, so we
are doing that (subject, of course, to no further hostile activities).
As well as the planned TDWG conference and IOPI, etc. meetings,
we are also now planning a 1-day regional workshop tentatively
entitled 'Bioinformatics and the GTI in Asia-Oceania' as partial
replacement for the CofL workshop, on 8th November.  Details of
the changes are on the BioForum website at
http://plantnet.rbgsyd.gov.au/bioforum/.

Email Karen Wilson or relevant conveners of meetings if you want
further information. Those planning to take part in the various
activities, could you please return the appropriate registration form
soon so that we have an indication of numbers for catering, field
trips, etc.

Karen Wilson
Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney
Mrs Macquaries Road
SYDNEY  NSW 2000,  AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61-2-9231 8137
Fax: +61-2-9251 7231
Email: karen.wilson at rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you are not an intended recipient please inform the sender.
BIOSIS UK does not accept responsibility for the contents of this message.