[tdwg-tag] joining the TDWG vocabulary management task group

Éamonn Ó Tuama [GBIF] eotuama at gbif.org
Fri Nov 16 13:37:51 CET 2012

Apologies for any cross postings.

At its recent conference in Beijing, the TDWG Executive/TAG approved the
formation of a task group on vocabulary management. It goes by the acronym
VoMaG (Vocabulary MAnagement Group).

A revised charter
(http://community.gbif.org/pg/file/read/28812/vocabulary-management-group-vo
mag-charter-v1), outlining the goals and mode of working of the group is
available on the GBIF community site
(http://community.gbif.org/pg/groups/21382/vocabulary-management/). In the
absence of a functioning TDWG site, we intend to use this site as the
meeting place for discussions, sharing docs, etc.

Please consider joining VoMaG as a core member. You should email me and also
register on the GBIF community site. You can log in using OpenID if you have
a Google or Yahoo account. Once the core group is established, we can
proceed with developing a work programme/timeline to achieve our goals.

With regards,
Éamonn Ó Tuama

Éamonn Ó Tuama, M.Sc., Ph.D. (eotuama at gbif.org),
Senior Programme Officer, Global Biodiversity Information Facility
Secretariat,
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100, Copenhagen Ø, DENMARK
Phone:  +45 3532 1494; Fax:  +45 3532 1480