[tdwg-tag] class design, generalization, L(O)D

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:40:38 CET 2010

Hi Aaron,

The data that is generated using microdata looks to be very similar to
RDFa, except that the properties are not qualified as URIs, and they
seem to be limited to the properties available in the same location as
the type definition due to the lack of qualification. It would be nice
to standardise on something that is extensible, like RDF with RDFa as
the HTML annotation method, as microdata just seems to be a cut down
version of RDF that doesn't have a theoretical basis or a model
outside of HTML.

Cheers,

Peter