[tdwg-tag] [tdwg-content] Indicating living versus deceased status in Darwin Core

Phillip C. Dibner pcd at ecosystem.com
Fri Jan 29 02:25:04 CET 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Kevin Richards wrote:

> There is probably another (external to TDWG) vocab / ontology that
> could handle this??
I'm not certain at this time.  However ....

> (which, I think, we ought to be encouraging anyway???)
Concur.  We are falling into the realm where a generic observation
model would be useful.  Otherwise, we will encounter an increasing
number of ad hoc treatments for other attributes, without a consistent
underlying framework.

May I point, as a matter of interest, to the SONet Project:  https://sonet.ecoinformatics.org/

Best regards,
Flip