[tdwg-tag] [tdwg-content] Indicating living versus deceased status in Darwin Core

Jason Holmberg holmbergius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:35:21 CET 2010

Thanks for the responses!

If I'm understanding this correctly...should I then propose a new term as
discussed by John?

As background, we have a successful multi-user, Web-based mark-recapture
software platform at www.whaleshark.org that we would like to open source.
Before open sourcing it, I would like it to be as "standards-based" as
possible. One measure of this is to use DarwinCore attributes in the
database tables, allowing for the easy mapping of TapirLink into the db and
therefore easier data exposure.

If this group can think of other standards that it would be goods to
support, please let me know. I would like to build interoperability directly
into the software before releasing it, allowing adopters of the platform to
expose data meaningfully with minimal effort.

Thanks,
Jason