[tdwg-tag] Unresloved technical issues - proposed decisions.

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:08:19 CEST 2010

> Yes - we should have a "taxonConceptID" column, as we do in the Occurrences
> table. In most cases, this will be filled out automatically after the
> observation has been entered, by a tool that maps names to guids. But, this
> being TDWG, you're right that some may identify the taxon with a guid. (I'd
> love to see this.)

:-)

But I was actually thinking of something way more pragmatic, like
local ID of a ID source and name of ID-Source. In practice of the
observations databases I know, they all have ID-numbers for taxa, but
often only nationally standardized, or even by project. Still, I
believe this would mean great benefit.

Gregor