[tdwg-tag] LSID-GUID Draft Document

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Sun Nov 15 09:06:02 CET 2009

I, for one, am happy to reference Pete's work, as it it very relevant to the LSID-GUID work.  And I would also be keen to see some collaboration here.

However, I'm not sure how much you can claim as your own original ideas, Pete, as these topics have been discussed in TDWG for as long as I have been involved anyway (5 years ish) - apart from the linked data part, which is a fairly recent topic.  (although RDF and semantic technologies have been discussed since we started looking at LSIDs, 3-4 years ago)  The TDWG community is also a very diverse group of people, all with their own ideas, approaches and opinions, so it is hard (and fraught with error) to generalise about the behaviour of TDWG members.

How about a reference to Geospecies in the linked data section?

Kevin