[tdwg-tag] Re-organisation of TDWG Ontology: Danger silence will == acquiescence! [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

greg whitbread ghw at anbg.gov.au
Tue May 12 16:19:51 CEST 2009

Roger,

We have been working up to a similar suggestion. The plan was to
implement in the the first instance using the TDWG wiki itself, if it
is up to it.  A page for each brick and mortar pages to build them
into the graph in different ways.  OWL DL files and Protege 4
compliance may be where we need to be, and perhaps individual effort
will be required initially to take these pages there, but there are
many working in this space with the will to contribute and we need to
accommodate them with a more collaborative approach to ontology
development and an appropriate level of accessibility.  Opening up the
process might just lead to some standardized TDWG standards.

greg