[tdwg-tapir] "partial" and "omit-ns" parameters

renato at cria.org.br renato at cria.org.br
Wed Jan 21 21:45:15 CET 2009

Thanks, Tim.

Actually the same provider can explicitly declare that it supports more
than one output model, so you don't need to have separate access points.

Anyway, the most important thing is that clients/networks can create as
many response structures as necessary if they want to work with smaller
pieces of the same big schema. So I don't think we will lose so much if we
remove the "partial" parameter.

Best Regards,
--
Renato

> Hi Renato,
>
> Congratulations with all your work.
>
>> I can see two solutions for this: 1) Specify that the "partial"
>> parameter
>> only needs to be supported by TAPIR Full, which will make the
>> parameter
>> specification more intricate. 2) Remove the "partial" parameter from
>> the
>> protocol.
>
> Since there appears no strong demand, I would be in favor of it removed.
> For TAPIR Intermediate, a possible work around solution could be 2
> access points each with differing output models, one being a subset of
> the other?
>
>> Markus is also suggesting to remove the "omit-ns" parameter from the
>> protocol. "omit-ns" is used to indicate that search responses should
>> not
>> include any namespaces at all. If this is not being used by any
>> network or
>> client, I also don't mind removing it.
>
> I personally have never had a need to use it.  Most XML clients I use
> have a "namespaceAware" parameter anyway.
>
>> Please let me know if you have any feelings about this.
>
> Well done again Renato
>
> Tim

believed to be clean.