[tdwg-tag] dwcterms (was: Embedding specimen (and other) annotations in NeXML)
hlapp at duke.edu
Mon Feb 23 17:29:47 CET 2009
Thanks John - this now works and loads into Protege. Great!
A couple of random comments from a first inspection:
- There are lots of individuals that seem to correspond to classes and
object properties (and seem to be replaced by them, which sounds odd).
Is this by intention?
- There is a class 'none'. Why? (It doesn't have a definition either.
It seems to be used to indicate that some properties don't have a
domain, but if that's true why not simply not provide a domain for
- seeAlso often has the value 'not in ABCD', which is probably the
wrong kind of value for this annotation.
- There are two classes with label 'Taxon' (but different URIs).
- Same properties and some classes have the date suffix in their
- Many classes and all object properties that aren't a subProperty
have a date suffix in their identifier. Why, and if there is a good
reason, why not all? Is term versioning the motivation? If so, are
there so many updates expected that versions couldn't be handled by
ontology releases (i.e., versioning through the ontology namespace,
such as in http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1).
The date suffix will become part of the element name in OWL instance
Or am I missing something?
: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :
More information about the tdwg-tag