[tdwg-tag] RE: tdwg-tag Digest, Vol 22, Issue 5

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:42:09 CEST 2007

Two points:

a) I think "subject" is much better than subjectTag.

b) simple DublinCore is great if it indeed it matches the use case. If
what you want are minipublications of free form text and you do not
want to use them for automatic reasoning and data aggregation (which
the SPM examples to me always seemed to imply). The EOL / species page
use case seemed to me to imply the desire to automatically aggregate
data. Eamonn says this is not the case, if the use case is that humans
find information and then rework it, I am all in favor of using DC.

Gregor