[tdwg-guid] httpRange-14

Jonathan Rees jar at creativecommons.org
Mon Oct 15 00:24:13 CEST 2007

Not that *your* RDF is a dogpile.... it's quite lovely.

May I suggest you put the http/urn owl:sameAs assertion directly into
the RDF served from the proxy/lsid server?

Of course, in cases where you want the LSID to denote a document
(presumably the one whose content is returned by an LSID getData
request), you can sameAs to a 200-responding network resource. This
would provide the data, not its metadata. An LSID denotes either its
data (getData) or something that's not data, and the so-called
"metadata" (really a description, since it's not necessarily about
data) is a description of either the data (getData) or of something
else.

Jonathan