[tdwg-guid] TDWG LSID Resolver broken?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Nov 29 21:45:46 CET 2007

Hi Rod,

> If, however, there's no GUID then I would want all the
> relevant metadata to hand to be able to try and find one, I
> don't want to have to go up citation tree to get the journal
> name, I just want to take the bibliographic metadata in the
> RDF for the name and search for the GUID (e.g., using an
> OpenURL resolver).

Right -- and I agree.  But my question was whether the citation tree should
merely be "flattened" ("collapsed"?) into a single text string that is
instered into "parentCitationString", or should there be some sort of nested
structure to accommodate each level in the tree.  My gut feeling -- at least
for now (and for simplicity), is to collapse it into a single text value.

> You get to sleep -- luxury! ;-)

:-)

Actually, I have to confess:  I had 11 hours of sleep last night. After a
marathon week, I often just collapse on the sofa when I get home, and don't
open my eyes again until the next morning.

> Personally I would strip out any formatting, especially from
> a field that will be interpreted by other software.
> Furthermore, what would you do if the metadata gets served in
> another format, such as n3, or JSON, etc.?

I tend to agree -- but I wanted to get a sense for what others were doing.

Aloha,
Rich