[tdwg-tapir] Darwin & RDF

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Mon Apr 23 15:38:59 CEST 2007

Thanks for all feedback.

Since there seems to be no big difference between using hash or slash, I
took the liberty to change the Darwin namespaces by adding a slash in the
end.

Although we could have different concept identifiers for RDF and TAPIR,
this could probably bring confusion in the future so I suggest we keep
them the same.

By using a slash, all concept identifiers for TAPIR remained the same and
we also followed one of the TAPIR recommendations: avoid using URL special
characters in concept identifiers. Otherwise we would need to escape them
all the time in TAPIR KVP requests.

So, the changes included:

* Darwin namespaces.
* TAPIR CNS file.
* All references to Darwin namespaces in output models and response
structures.

I also made a new minor release of TapirLink (0.3.1) that correctly
generates concept identifiers based on the new Darwin schemas.

All TAPIR providers that are using Darwin (core/extensions) as conceptual
schema will need to be reconfigured, regardless the software used.

Please let me know if you find anything wrong or missing.

Best Regards,
--
Renato