Characters and States and GUIDs and descriptive data

Roger Hyam roger at TDWG.ORG
Wed Jan 25 16:40:15 CET 2006

Continuous characters might be something like this:

mytaxa:rose myterms:has _:att1 .
_:att1 rdf:type myterms:leaf .
_:att1 myterms:length _.att2
_:att2 rdf:value "22" .
_:att2 rdf:type myterms:oneMilPrecisionMeasurement .

The blank nodes in this mean it would probably be easier to read in XML
syntax.  I am sure there are vocabularies out there that could be used
for measurement stuff.

Do we need GUIDs for the resources in this or can we just do this with
old fashioned URIs? Who else used LSIDs or DOIs to do this kind of
thing? I just seem to see the use of namespace type URIs.

Roger

--

 Roger Hyam
 roger at tdwg.org