[tdwg-tapir] TaxonAPI

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Mon Nov 28 11:54:13 CET 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing some work on a TaxonAPI. This is a high/low definition
of the kind of thing I believe people publishing taxonomic data need to
produce and people consuming it need to eat based on the work I have
been involved in on TCS.

It is framed as if it were a web service type of thing but I imagine
that each of the method calls mentioned could equate to a Tapir template
of some kind. I imagine a template containing a parameterized filter
(not sure if those exist anymore).

This is still work in progress as I need to define the list of
parameters more closely and sort the greater than/less than issue for
dates and a few other bits. Plus no one has seen it to comment on!

You can read more about it here:

http://www.tdwg.hyam.net/twiki/bin/view/TIP/TaxonAPI

I would be most grateful for your comments.

How does this fit with Tapir?

Roger

--

 Roger Hyam