[tdwg-tapir] OGC standards and TAPIR

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Tue Nov 29 15:30:14 CET 2005

Javier,

I wasn't meaning to suggest not cooperating with OGC based technologies,
sharing code/applications etc - this would all be great. My comments
were more high level about how we represent  our knowledge domain and
that we shouldn't compromise on interoperability. If we were to re-tool
our standards then I am not convinced at the moment (though the jury is
still out) that we should re-tool them to GML.

All the best,

Roger

 roger at tdwg.org
 +44 1578 722782