[Tdwg-phylo] TDWG 2010 working meeting outcomes

Arlin Stoltzfus arlin at umd.edu
Mon Oct 4 22:00:50 CEST 2010

I'd like to express my appreciation to Hilmar & Nico for organizing
the event, and to the people who participated.

As an outcome of the LinkingTrees project, Dan Rosauer, Torsten
Eriksson and I will be working to finish a preliminary  report on best
practices for publishing trees electronically.  By next month we
should be ready to solicit feedback from a broader group of people.
If you are interested, please let us know.

Arlin

On Oct 2, 2010, at 6:29 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> The event home page for the 2010 working meeting at TDWG in Woods Hole
> has now been updated with documentation of outcomes:
>
> http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/Phylogenetics/WorkingMeeting2010
>
> Thank you to everyone who participated. This was a a short, single-day
> meeting, yet I think it was pretty productive, and led to some clear
> follow-ups and next steps. Thanks also to Arlin for presenting the
> meeting summary to the TDWG audience on Friday morning.
>
> Outcomes from targets #3 (Kate) and #4 (Chris) are based on my notes
> from the wrap-up. Kate and Chris, please feel free to update and/or
> correct. Your wiki accounts should now be approved, let me know if you
> have trouble logging in.
>
> Kate - it'd be great if you could add the source code URL for your
> XSLT code.
> Arlin - if you don't mind, could you attach your summary slides to the
> page?
>
> It's too bad we forgot to take a group photo at the event. Maybe it'd
> be better to have a gallery of individual pictures on the page rather
> than the sub-group of people we photographed later (and which is on
> the wiki right now)?
>
> If anyone here who hasn't participated has questions or suggestions on
> what else should be on that event page, please let us know.
>
> On behalf of the others,
>
> 	-Hilmar & Nico

-------
Arlin Stoltzfus (arlin at umd.edu)
Fellow, IBBR; Adj. Assoc. Prof., UMCP; Research Biologist, NIST
IBBR, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD
tel: 240 314 6208; web: www.molevol.org