[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting Wed 19 April 2023, 08:00 EST/12:00 UTC

Yi Ming Gan ymgan at naturalsciences.be
Wed Apr 19 09:09:54 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have a deadline today, so I can’t attend the meeting. However, I tried to put isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive into tables (Darwin Core) based on the examples in the comment, so here are my thoughts:

1. It looks much simpler without isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive (Darwin Core Archive, not the new Unified Model)

If isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive = true
Use case without “isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive”

Occurrence

occurrenceID

eventID

taxonID

lifeStage

organismQuantity

organismQuantityType

occ_01

event_01

taxon_01

adult

1

individual

occ_02

event_01

taxon_01

juvenile

2

individual

occ_03

event_01

taxon_01

1

individual

eventID

Total individual of taxon_01

event_01

4 = 1 adult + 2 juvenile + 1 no lifestage

If isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive = false

4

individual

eventID

Total individual of taxon_01

event_01

7 = 1 adult + 2 juvenile + 4 no lifestage

2. Dummy Event needs to be created if isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive differs in each Taxon per sampling event (Darwin Core Archive, not the new Unified Model)

Multiple taxa per event with isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive

If this will lead to user creating dummy Event to use this term, I feel like people will not use it. I also think that then what is the point of using Event core this way?

Occurrence

occurrenceID

eventID

taxonID

lifeStage

organismQuantity

organismQuantityType

occ_01

event_01

taxon_01

adult

1

individual

occ_02

event_01

taxon_01

juvenile

2

individual

occ_03

event_01

taxon_01

4

individual

occ_04

event_02

taxon_02

4

individual

Humboldt

eventID

isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive

Total individual of taxon

event_01

true

taxon_01 = 1 adult + 2 juvenile + 1 no lifestage

event_02

false

taxon_02 = 4 no lifeStage

Multiple taxa per event without isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive

Occurrence

occurrenceID

eventID

taxonID

lifeStage

organismQuantity

organismQuantityType

occ_01

event_01

taxon_01

adult

1

individual

occ_02

event_01

taxon_01

juvenile

2

individual

occ_03

event_01

taxon_01

1

individual

occ_04

event_01

taxon_02

4

individual

eventID

Total individual of taxon

event_01

  *   taxon_01 = 1 adult + 2 juvenile + 1 no lifeStage

  *   taxon_02 = 4 no lifeStage

Maybe I missed something but I am not sure what is the merit of having isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive in Darwin Core (not the new unified model)?
I also put all the examples above in the slides in Humboldt google drive: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lsCqdh_OeAFPgJYT9nqP82wqZgVNaDQpWpq7gnCAa3o/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot!!

Sincerely
Ming