[tdwg-humboldt] Humboldt Task Group Meeting MOVED to Thu 15 September 2022, 7:00pm EST

Sica, Yanina yanina.sica at yale.edu
Mon Sep 12 17:41:53 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Hope everybody is great!

We finally have a time to meet and discuss how the Humboldt Extension fits in the expanded GBIF data model!

Thursday 15 September 7pm EST
Zoom: https://yale.zoom.us/j/97318391101

John and Tim are interested in identifying a case study that takes advantage of the HE to report inventories, particularly that deal with absences. One ecological use case has already been developed (Ecological Survey Data Exchange Format<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F10YgbavCieUIpN_kNoHGHEkvILpFWCx8k-ZNXFVD4gSA%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing&data=05%7C01%7Cyanina.sica%40yale.edu%7C35b195759aa349d95d3908da7bccce25%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C637958417793874209%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=YOImyQja04ErZiRJ7HZQLnrKOpwgI2ATaRWKVZDxBxo%3D&reserved=0>) but it is extremely simple and doesn't require anything from HE. Peter Brenton has already identified at least one potential dataset, but everybody is encouraged to bring ideas and datasets to the conversation! Peter, feel free to share those datasets.

I apologize if this is a crazy time for you, it was hard to find a time that worked. I really appreciate your flexibility. We will record the session in case somebody cannot make it.

We will not have our typical meeting on Wed so we can dedicate the time to meet on Thu.

Thank you and hope you can make it to the discussion!!

Cheers,

Yani

Yanina V. Sica, PhD
Lead Data Team
Map of Life<https://mol.org/> | Center for Biodiversity and Global Change<https://bgc.yale.edu/>
Yale University
pronouns: she/her/hers
If you are receiving this email outside of your working hours, I am not expecting you to read or respond.