[tdwg-content] Floristic regions of the world

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Thu Nov 6 17:00:49 CET 2014

Markus,
The TDWG standard is Richard Brummit's publication, published by the Hunt Institute, which is more recent than Takhtajan's:

Plant Taxonomic Database Standards No. 2. World Geographical Scheme for Recording Plant Distributions, ed. 2.
R. K. Brummitt with assistance from F. Pando, S. Hollis, N. A. Brummitt and others. 2001. xv, 137 pp.; 17 maps. ISBN 0-913196-72-X.

There are several companion pieces to Brummitt's publication:
PDF http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/tdwg/TDWG_geo2.pdf
Comma delimited and Access files: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/tdwg/geography_ed2.zip
ArcView shape files: http://www.kew.org/gis/tdwg/index.html

As I announced at the TDWG meeting, I'm organizing a Task Group to update the TDWG World Geographical Scheme for ratification as a current, versus prior, standard.

Chuck