[tdwg-content] synonyms in DwC Archives

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 18 23:10:30 CET 2014

A point of information. One cannot use dwc:relationshipOfResource in a
Darwin Core Archive Core file. That term does not belong among those
in the Simple Darwin Core
(http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/simple/index.htm), and so it can't be
part of a Taxon Core file
(http://tools.gbif.org/dwca-validator/extension.do?id=http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/Taxon).

All of what you want to do could be done with a Taxon Core and a
ResourceRelationship extension
(http://tools.gbif.org/dwca-validator/extension.do?id=http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/ResourceRelationship),
but there has to be a better way. Surprisingly, I do not see any
extension made for this purpose.