[tdwg-content] ITIS TSNID to uBio NamebankIDs mapping

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 20 12:42:03 CEST 2011

Thanks, all, for the responses.  The "Compare to ITIS" function does
just what I want.  I did a test run of 1000 names and it worked like a
charm.  I will need to do a little massaging because sometimes two or
more ITIS IDs come back for each uBio ID.  But I can handle that.
Steve

David Remsen (GBIF) wrote:
> Steve
>
> Have you tried this?
> http://www.ubio.org/clients/ITIS/index.php
>
> or this?
> http://www.ubio.org/services/mapper/index2.php
>
> All this ubio talk makes me think we were on to something.  Worth a thought about adopting the new stnadrds and tools and making it really smooth.
>
> DR
>

> On 20 May 2011, at 04:46, Steve Baskauf wrote:
>

>> I have generated a csv spreadsheet of about 39 000 plant names for the
>> U.S. which has the ITIS TSNIDs for the names in a column.  I would like
>> to have the uBio Namebank IDs in another column of the table.  I have
>> been looking them up on the uBio website by typing in the names as I
>> need to know the IDs, but after doing about 300 of them, I'm getting
>> tired of it.  Does anybody have a clever idea of a way to get the other
>> 38 000 Namebank IDs without looking them up.  I'm sure that it would be
>> possible to find this out because uBio gets names from ITIS.  However, I
>> haven't seen any clues about how to do it in an automated fashion.  I'm
>> guessing that there might be some way to use the uBio web services, but
>> if so, it isn't obvious and I probably don't have the skills to carry it
>> out anyway.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Steve
>>
>> --
>> Steven J. Baskauf, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer
>> Vanderbilt University Dept. of Biological Sciences
>>
>> postal mail address:
>> VU Station B 351634
>> Nashville, TN  37235-1634,  U.S.A.
>>
>> delivery address:
>> 2125 Stevenson Center
>> 1161 21st Ave., S.
>> Nashville, TN 37235
>>
>> office: 2128 Stevenson Center
>> phone: (615) 343-4582,  fax: (615) 343-6707
>> http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu

> .

VU Station B 351634

http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu