[tdwg-content] Identifier limbo

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 10:41:56 CEST 2011

> There is no reason that the EoL, GBIF or both could not adopt and take
> ownership of what I am working on.

I think one of the problems is that we have no model of collaborative
working under Open Source / Open Content licenses in the biodiversity
community. Most try to define unlicensed monopolies (whether for
commercial exploitation or just the next grant).

EoL is almost exclusively build on closed content (with bilateral
agreements allowing them to display the "Creative Commons
Non-Commercial" content). I don't imply this is a failure of EoL, it
is the status of the community.

As a result, there is no "we" and little synergies.

Gregor