[tdwg-content] New terms need resolution: "Individual"

Steven J. Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 12 06:16:44 CEST 2011

For the record, I am in support of this proposal (which may be redundant
given my advocacy for it in the past).  I do not have a strong opinion
about the name of the class because I think that the definition is more
important than the name and it looks to me like the definition says what
it should (or at least what I think it should).  The definition allows
for a small group of organisms if they can reliably be known to
represent a single taxon.  I think that Individual is probably not a
good name due to confusion with the technical use of that term elsewhere.

I don't understand why Rich says that the creation of this class
eliminates the need for a class for "evidence".  Perhaps he will
elaborate when he has better email access.

Steve