[tdwg-content] GUIDs for publications (usages and names) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul Murray pmurray at anbg.gov.au
Tue Jan 4 04:25:11 CET 2011

> But is there some place where I could find a unique identifier, or
> better a URL, or best a URI providing RDF/XML for Linnaeus 1753 (the
> author and publication for the name) and for Radford et al.1968 (the
> author and publication that expresses the usage I'm intending).

Our data here at biodiversity.org.au does exactly this (I can't speak for GNI <g>). If you go to the webpage

	http://biodiversity.org.au/name/Andropogon%20virginicus.html

You'll see that the name has three taxonomic events - the protonym, sensu Vickery (1961), and sensu Cross & Vickery (1950).

The name itself has (equivalent) ids
	http://biodiversity.org.au/apni.name/36530
	urn:lsid:biodiversity.org.au:apni.name:36530

each taxon/concept/usage also has its own id. The 1961 usage, for instance, is
	http://biodiversity.org.au/apni.taxon/118883
	urn:lsid:biodiversity.org.au:apni.taxon:118883

We do not have a reference by Radford for this name, but that's a data issue.

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.