[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] Inclusion of authorship in DwCscientificName: good or bad?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Nov 22 21:52:55 CET 2010

> more informative might be
>

> fullScientificNameStringWithAuthorshipIfYouHaveItAndTooBadForY
> ouIfYouDont

Yes, but the key question is: "TooBad" for whom?

For the Provider? (i.e., if you don't have the Authorship information, then
don't even bother giving us the record)

Or, for the User? (i.e., here's all I got; so too bad if you also wanted
Authorship details).

> more normative might be
>

> fullScientificNameStringWithAuthorshipIfYouHaveItAndShameOnYou
> IfYouDont

Yes, but as I imagine many of these name-strings will be emerging from BHL
OCR text, in most cases we'll only be casting shame on people who are no
longer living.

Rich