[tdwg-content] Use case for individuals

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Nov 17 15:40:17 CET 2010

I received this information (unsolicited) from Bruce Kirchoff (with whom
I have been collaborating for a number of years) regarding his
collection of images from trees in the UNC Greensboro arboretum for use
in visual keys:

We have got 26 trees
recorded with complete sets of images, and herbarium specimens
collected in duplicate. One set of specimens will go to Chapel Hill,
the other will stay here for teaching purposes.

In this case, we have images, herbarium specimens duplicates in two
institutions, and the living specimens in the arboretum (the foo that
defines itself) that we want to organize under the banner of
Individual.  I will be archiving Bruce's images at Bioimages and
elsewhere using HTTP URI guids.  I will be representing the relationship
among these resources in RDF.  So expect to see functional examples
using real resources in the near future.

VU Station B 351634

http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu