[tdwg-content] dwc:associatedOccurrences

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Tue Aug 24 03:08:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Steve Baskauf
<steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Bob,
> It seems to me that the most semantically clear way to indicate in a
> machine-readable way that two herbarium sheets are duplicates would be to
> assert that they have the same dwc:individualID.

That makes sense for expressing "duplicate of" in a machine-readable
way, but what about other associations? For example, Is there a
definition somewhere for "reminds me of" or "kinda like"?

///ark
Web Applications Developer
Center for Applied Biodiversity Informatics
California Academy of Sciences