[tdwg-lit] Lit meeting at TDWG 2007: getting to the Faculty of Science on Sunday 16 September

Weitzman, Anna WEITZMAN at si.edu
Mon Sep 10 20:56:43 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Three things (again):

1.  The literature charter has now been approved and the LIT group is
now an official Interest Group of TDWG.  See
http://www.tdwg.org/activities/literature/ for links to the charter ,
Wiki (currently inactive; hosted by Bob Morris at UMass Boston), and
mailing list.

2.  As a reminder, we are having a meeting of those interested and
available of the Literature interest group meeting on Sunday, 16
September 2007 from 2:30-5:00 pm in Bratislava.  The meeting will be
held at the Faculty of Science.

There is a map at the bottom of the list on:
http://www.tdwg.org/conference2007/housingtravel/maps/
<http://www.tdwg.org/conference2007/housingtravel/maps/>

There is also a document attached to this message with some ideas (not
cleaned up from our Slovakian colleagues English!) for travel to the
Faculty of Science.  In addition, our host, Eduard has provided the
following:

*          from Suza hotel:

- follow green line on map

- "downhill" along Korabinskeho street (steeply down among gardens),
cross bridge over highway and turn to left, then follow indicators of
the conference along Ilkovicova street (there are many new houses
compared to Google Earth or Google Maps); total distance about 1.5 km

- or you can use trolleybus (lines 203 or 207) and tram (line no. 1, 5
or 9 towards Karlova Ves)

- leave tram at 4th stop after tunnel (stop Botanical Garden)

- walk uphill to faculty (follow indicators)

*          from Ibis hotel

- use tram line no. 1, 5 or 9 towards Karlova Ves

- leave tram at 4th stop after tunnel (stop Botanical Garden)

- walk uphill to faculty (follow indicators)

*          from Hotel no 16 - walk to faculty or to the closest tram or
trolleybus stop

For people staying at the SUZA or Hotel No. 16 I think walking would be
best, although it's a bit of a trek from the latter.

3.  Finally, I have heard from only a few of you about the possibility
of attending a meeting in November.  Given that most of those I have
heard from are from North America, I am going to look at holding it
someplace over here, as I think that will be cheapest.  If you have not
responded and are interested, please let me know as soon as possible, so
I can include you and the costs to get you to the meeting in my
proposal!

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible soon!

Cheers,

Anna

Anna L. Weitzman, PhD

Botanical and Biodiversity Informatics Research

National Museum of Natural History

Smithsonian Institution

office: 202.633.0846

mobile: 202.415.4684